Monday, March 3, 2014

Toes in the Water

3 Mar 14

I have been reading The Economist quite a bit lately.  One might think with a name like that you'd find clear-eyed, conservative content; not at all.  It is a product from across the pond and is chock full of some of the most well-worn liberal drivel in print.  Last year they ran an article in which they made the case, not tongue-in-cheek, that the only thing wrong with Obama's brilliant foreign policy programs is that they simple didn't work.  Other than that they were remarkable.  The Economist has drunk of the global warming kool aid and gone back for seconds.  This exposure to "progressive" aspirations tarted up as journalism is not isolated.  But since the articles are well written the periodical has inspired me to a new mission.

I have decided to engage the political opposition in a blow-by-blow, ongoing discussion.  I will engage videos, satire, articles and entire publications in argument.  I will point out where they get it wrong and where they get it right.  I will be armed with my 55 years as a realist and an eye toward history.  I also invite readers from across the socio-political zoo to take me on.  You can push back on my assertions, suggest topics or lavish me with praise as you see fit.  I'll get to as many as I can.  Early on that will be easy.  As we grow, it may become a challenge.  But we'll make the trip together.


Look for posts to start appearing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment